Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Sunday, July 18, 2010

race week

Well this is race week, on friday I am heading up to Barrie to spend the night with my grandmother, and then me my grandmother and my parents are heading up to Bala the next day in order to arrive there and rest up before the big race.

This race will be the first one since joining the Add Activity triathlon team, which is a fantastic team and they are all extremely supportive and helpful. They will help you with anything and are some the nicest and most energetic group I have met. I am enjoying my time with them and will miss them and the workout sessions when I leave at the end of August.

This race in Bala will be hopefully my breakthrough for a podium position, and this will be a great race for me, I have been training extra hard putting long sessions in brick training, and my swim workouts, I am hoping that I have not been slacking on the bike. I have been getting faster though I have noticed, and now with the help of an UWO swim team coach I will hopefully get even faster.

I am extremely nervous of this race, because I feel like I have a lot of pressure on me to do well, I dislike it very much, but being nervous never hurt anyone. Until I get to the point where I start self-doubting myself, which enables me to do my best, but I have the support of my team and friends, and my parents and family so I can do this and I will do this.

I am a force to be reckon with, and from the words of many others pain is only temporary but pride lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment