Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Sunday, July 11, 2010

First post of July

Well this is my first July posting, and so far it has been a pretty decent month. I have been working at panago pizza as a delivery boy which hasn't been all that bad, sometimes it can get frustrating, and when you running on hardly any sleep things can turn ugly quickly.

I have been watching and following both the World Cup which is now over with a win by Spain, not the team that I had wanted to win but they will have to do. And also the Tour de France, which has been very interesting so far. With Frank Schleck dropping out of the running leaving his brother to support himself, and with Lance struggling in the second day on the mountains, this should be a very interesting GC. I just don't want Alberto Contador to win again, he is a great and rider in every aspect of the race but he is just pretty cocky, and I just don't like him.

Training though has been going very well. I have started with Add Activity and being coached by Leigh-Ann Rowe who is am excellent coach and very knowledgeable, she wants me to hold off on my ironman dreams just for a little bit, and focus more so on Olympic distance and possibly get a few podium places, and maybe even a win here or there, who knows. My swimming has really been coming along I have liked the improvement, and also my running off the bike has been great my legs have been able to get a really good turnaround. My biking is still a little choppy in the consistency, I can hammer the speed but the problem is that my average speed seems to always be lower then the speed that I am holding for a quite a long time. Not sure if my speedometer is working but it seems that everything I own is falling apart, now being my bike shoes, so I have to see if they can be fixed, or I may have to go out and get a new pair, hopefully not the latter, but I could use some decent triathlon ones.

I really want to start buying things from my sponsors and start getting things in order to represent them, but I might have to wait till closer to the end of the season seeing how things are money wise and what not.

Just leaving on this, I always get the feeling that I have started this sport later in my life, and that everyone I compete against has a step up on me. I believe that it is not how old that you start the sport, its how much heart and desire you put into it, and right now I am putting everything I have into this to make it work, cause I will go to nationals and I will go to worlds.

No comments:

Post a Comment