Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Latest Update from a Long delay

Hello everyone who is actually reading this.

I Have completed my final triathlon of the season at Toronto Island. It went not as well as I had hoped for, or as well as I have trained for. The water was very rough, pretty big waves and swells out on lake Ontario. This made the swim very difficult for me, and did not allow me to show off my improvement that I have made in the swim, I just pushed through it as best as I could, trying to avoid everyone stopping infront of me, and everyone bunching up around me, also because of the waves I could not see any of the buoys which was not very good and made it an overall struggle. I felt that was one of my worst swims of the season.

But once I got on the bike i just put my head down and pushed it as hard as I could for 30km, doing the lapped course as best as I could. While trying to avoid the bunching up of the other athletes. I pushed myself to an average speed of 39km/hr which was pretty amazing, and the bike course was pretty good, until the mishap at the end of the course when I got out of shoes a little too early.

The run was tough and course itself was not a favorite. You run in a combo of path, grass, sand, and gravel. It was pretty brutal course, and it felt that you could not get your speed up which I did not like, cause I have been also working on my awesome run speed with some brutal hill repeats, and 400m track sprint repeats. fastest 400m so far is 1min flat.

The course itself was decent, and my position was decent, but I must get stronger and faster and it is my goal for the off-season, with some masters swim, and some track sessions, and possibly getting a coach out there.

It is also my last day here in Ontario and I am heading back out to Kelowna British Columbia tomorrow morning, last night and this morning was my final group training sessions with the add activity crew. All of them are amazing individuals and they all bring their own talents and personality to the training aspect of this sport. I will miss the sessions that we have together, and the whole group training aspect. I like how they push me to be my best, and hopefully I was able to push them also. Overall I really enjoyed the team and hopefully if I am not living in Calgary I will be back, and I will be faster, for sure. Leigh-ann is an amazing coach, and if I do come back, I am hoping to make her proud and bring her to nationals with me and be able to get some good results under the name.

I will miss being home and with the family, but I must buckle down this year and balance some good productive training, with some good studying for Hkin, I have a deal to get an 80%, and I will go to Italy to race which will be amazing, either that or get some race wheels I haven't decided yet what I want lol.

Anyways ciao for now, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment