Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

well Back at school/off season

Well I am back at school now at UBC Okanagan in Kelowna British Columbia, and this year I am in Human Kinetics, which means I have to put a lot more effort into my school and study habits. I am aiming for a high average this year so I am gunna study my butt off and hopefully see some positive results.

I am also back into off season training (well I never really quit training). I picked up another sponsor in Kelowna Cycle here, and I have a meeting with them to see what they willing to offer me, and the terms of the agreement. I am excited to be apart of their team.

I got a good base going with swimming though, and I am feeling confident that my swimming will improve for next year all I need to do is put in some more positive training and work on my technique, stroke power, and my kicking, also my running has gotten a lot better as well, which is another positive.

I got a job at campus rec here on campus to ref rugby games on sunday making 12 bucks an hour which isn't bad, I am also picking up shifts here and there in order to make money for groceries and beer which both are needed.

I am also living in quad this year with three other kids, so far it has been pretty good and we are all able to get along, we have had a few snags with certain individuals, but that is to be expected and hopefully as the year progresses it will soon to get better. I am cycling with the sunday ride, and I am happy with all the efforts I have been putting in, being able to break away on the climbs as well as keep up with the stronger cyclists during the sprint. I have also been riding with Scott Neyedli who came 6th overall in Ironman Canada and is pro, he is quite the character as well as a beast on the bike, I have been able to keep up with him on the climbs which I feel strong, but when he goes into his areo position on the straight aways he is always taking off.

Well bye for now, and It seems that no one reads this, but I guess they will when my name is heard a lot more in the triathlon world, which I hope it will soon be.

No comments:

Post a Comment