Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Its been awhile

Well it has been a little bit since my last post. I have now settled back into things here at UBCO, and have gotten back in touch with some awesome training buddies and few new ones. I would just like to give a shout out to a friend that I have met named Scott Neyedli, who is a pro ironman triathlete, and came 6th in Ironman Canada. Unfortunatly did not have the best result in Kona, but there is always next year and he is am extremely strong and determined individual. I would like to thank him for pushing me on the bike even though I wasn't able to stay with him most of the time, he is deff a very strong biker.

Getting back into biking the mountains, my form has never been better, I have led the hill climbs and gotten in the with the hill breakaway groups, as well as the bunch sprints. I am currently running intensely also, keeping a good 19min 6k, which is a massive improvement, I just need to keep that coming off the bike. I have my sights on nationals this year, and with now the good support of my new sponsor Kelowna Cycle, things can really look up, as well as worlds qualifications.

I just need a more solid performance next year and come in top 5 in all my races is my goal for the 2011 season, and I think it is a possibility, I am deff getting stronger in all sections of this sport. I just need to work some more on my swimming, and I think coming back in the spring to rejoin my old coach will certainly help me with my open water efforts.

This year Kona did not go as I had hoped, and Crowie did not take the crown, I am very shocked and kinda upset, but he made a solid go at it, and he is still my overall favorite triathlete and pretty much my idol. Macca certainly gave it a solid go also, and just came out in a better position then Crowie off the bike. I knew Andreas would be in the mix again this year, cause he is a solid athlete, and my second favorite Lieto did not do as well as I had hoped either. He is an awesome biker and I hope one day I will be able to keep up with him.

I have switched over to Human Kinetics, and at the moment I am loving it, it is made perfectly for me, and I love the whole learning about the body and how it functions and what it needs to perform at its top level. I love all my profs they are amazing people, and they are not at all hard to talk to.

I have also been talking to another professional triathlete Ryan Power, who like me did not start off with a strong swimming background, I admire him greatly, and he is a excellent athlete, and I hope next year I can be in his zip code. Also I have been talking to R.J. Ross who has given me awesome advice for my future in this sport, and to take things slow and not turn it into a career to quickly or else one tends to start to hate the sport. I also miss hanging out with the add activity group, and spending some quality training time with them. I have Dustin, Kirsten, Neil, and Scott in the water to deff push me to my limits, as well as Dustin and Neil to push me on the bike. P.S. Neil this spring I will beat you on the bike, cause now I have a strategy going, and when I get my bike sponsor I will be able to ride lol. I also have Dustin to deff push me on the run, the kid is a rising star (just like me), but he is deff an awesome training partner and I cannot wait to get back to the training grounds of lakeside with him.

That is me so far.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment