Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Binbrook triathlon


Hello all, well the Binbrook triathlon has been completed, and it wasn't as good as I thought, I was very upset with my overall performance in the race, and I also noticed that the event itself was very badly planned I found. The run course was also completely on grass and trails and it had rained earlier leaving the entire course covered in mud making the run very difficult.

I came 16th overall and 4th in my age group with a time of 1:30:16 which was pretty decent, it was an improvement in my overall position from Woodstock, and it can all be thanking to my amazing biking. I am disappointed with my swim time, as well as my run time which can be greatly improved. I have know understood that I am in great need of a swim coach, and possibly some track sessions working on my speed. My bike speed can also be worked on.

The night before the race was horrible also, me and my mother stayed at the Pines motel in Hamilton which I do not recommend ever staying, and were given a real treat at around 3am in the morning which went on for a few hours enabling us to get a decent nights rest, that may also be a contributing factor to my disappointing performance race day, but it was a very unpleasant evening, and hopefully better accommodations will be able to be had for Bala Falls.

I have planned to go to Multi-sport zone and work on my swimming as well as do the Bala falls bike course, also I have planned to go to the mega day on June 26th to improve some other things as well. But I really need to start to speed up my swim time in order to stay with the leaders so that I can take the lead on the bike and keep it on the run.

But yeah I have to work on my speed on running off the bike that needs to improve, as well as increase my bike speed greatly.

Anyways it was a decent race, but I am not sure if I will ever do it again.

Thanks for reading and the support will be greatly appreciated and any tips that you may have for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment