Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Lakeside coached session/My thoughts on life/rants

Hello everyone, this has finally happened I may now be getting some coaching for my triathlon career the first time ever. This is very exciting I am both excited and nervous about going to the session, it is an open water swim at lakeside which should be interesting and possibly a time trial and T1 training on the bike which I need lol.

I went biking today and decided to start grinding my gears on the highest gears possible, which was some advice that someone had given me. i was pushing 46km/hr without even feeling tired I averaged out about 39km/hr for the ride which was only about 20km because I didn't want to push all out just yet. I may not be going to Multisport for coaching as I was thinking, and may stick with this group, but I will have to see what happens.

During my ride though I noticed that a car decided to honk at me even though I was on the side of the road, I am sorry but cars do not own the road and must share it with cyclists. I know this issue has be exhausted to the fullest degree, but it has to be further looked into, because these motorists are not given cyclist any room, and they are getting extremely close and they don't care kinda pisses me off. All I can do is just make sure that they don't hit and that I survive to see my second year of University. Which I am going to continue with and during school, I will focus on school because right now I want a career and this is just a hobby and something that keeps me in shape. I am not getting paid for it, and I am pretty sure that these upcoming pro's are not getting paid either, they are just getting free stuff which would be nice, but I still want a life after this, and that will be sports psychology which is perfect for the sport. Human Kinetics was just calling my name, and i didn't want to be one of those dumb athletes who just go into an arts degree and take all the courses that are the easiest and don't take the most thought, I find that a waste of university, because whats the point now, what will they do once they cannot compete anymore, coach kids.

Anyways thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment