Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Me and my Mom in Vancouver

Monday, June 7, 2010

June 7th/2010, Woodstock Triathlon/ and thoughts so far


The Woodstock Triathlon went well for my season opener, I finished really well 20th overall and 4th in my age group. It wasn't the speed that I had wanted but I thought it was a good start for being my second triathlon in my life.
Back to training for the next one which is actually coming up very quickly, at Binbrooke (Hamilton), gunna be crazy and I'm not sure if I'm ready for it, going to the Multisport zone to check about some things maybe get my swim tested and put in some time on the compu-trainer. My swim has improved since my first one, but my biking should be a lot better after spending time in the Mountains in Kelowna biking with the semi-pro teams.
I feel like everyone though is a step ahead of me, and that I should have started this sport at a younger age to even compete with these guys. But I am gunna take everyday one step at a time and just keep up with my training.
Also everyone has these coaches that seem to cost a lot of money to join like 200 bucks a month just as the cheapest amount thats kinda insane. I guess if I were to quit University and focus all my time and energy and money into this I could afford these guys. But I will never in my life do that, school is very important to me and it is something I can always fall back on.

I broke my collarbone in January and it seems like it has never fully healed which causes incredible stiffness in that area and sometimes pain. I am hoping that this subsides eventually cause I really want to be able to get past it, cause it might be holding me back a little bit.

I finally found a job for the summer to help pay for University, which is pizza delivery for Panago, the pay kinda sucks but it is a job, and it is gunna provide me with money over the summer, but not sure if it will be enough. Hopefully OSAP comes through for me and provides me with more money so that I am not living in poverty next year lol.

This sport is very expensive, and everyone is always wishing for better equipment, but its not the equipment that makes the triathlete its the determination, and attitude, mixed in with training.

I am hoping to become pro one day, it will prob take a long time at the rate that I am going though, but hopefully someday it will happen. Like I said before I guess it pays to have started the sport when you were 13 years old, unfortunately for me I started at 19, which as I heard from everyone that I am too old, and should have started younger.

This is also the first time writing a blog, but I thought it would be an interesting thing to do, and hey it might come in handy once I do turn pro. I am still looking at all the guys who started triathlons later in their lives like me, such as Craig Alexander, Chris Lieto, Chrissie Wellington Scott Neyedli who I have met, and is a very cool and chill person. But like I said before, I am gunna take life one step at a time and hope for the best.

Well thanks for reading if you have, and if you have any comments please feel free, Like my title says I am looking for any support that anyone might offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment